The purpose of this website is to be a place for learning and discussion. The website and each tutorial topics do not encourage anyone to participate in trading or investment of any kind.
Any information shown in any part of this website do not promise any movement, gains, or profit for any trader or non-trader.

Author Topic: MindTap Course List Ser.: Essentials of Business Communication by Dana Loewy and  (Read 105 times)

SimonePolg

• View Profile

MindTap Course List Ser.: Essentials of Business Communication by Dana Loewy and

Product Information
Ensure you are job-ready with the number one choice -- Guffey/Lowey's ESSENTIALS OF BUSINESS COMMUNICATION, 11E. In a time when writing and communication skills rank high on recruiters' wish lists, this proven text helps you develop job-readiness for the 21st century. ESSENTIALS highlights best practices and strategies backed by leading-edge research to strengthen your professionalism, expert writing techniques, workplace digital savvy and résumé-building skills. Learn how writing is central to business success, regardless of the communication channel. ESSENTIALS discusses best practices for social media and mobile technology while refining your communication skills. Work with grammar exercises, documents for editing, and other practice tools in this four-in-one package with an authoritative text, practical workbook, grammar handbook and author-generated digital resources in MindTap.
Product Identifiers
Publisher
Cengage South-Western
ISBN-10
ISBN-13
eBay Product ID (ePID)
Product Key Features
Author
Mary Ellen Guffey, Dana Loewy
Publication Name
Essentials of Business Communication
Format
Trade Paperback
Language
English
Features
Revised
Series
Mindtap Course List Ser.
Publication Year
Type
Textbook
Number of Pages
608 Pages
Dimensions
Item Length
10.9in
Item Height
0.9in
Item Width
8.5in
Item Weight
43.3 Oz
Additional Product Features
Lc Classification Number
Hf5718.3.G84 2018
Edition Description
Revised Edition
Edition Number
Reviews
One year I decided to try a business communication textbook from another publisher, but I immediately returned to the Guffey text this year. The quality of the content and support resources for Essentials just can't be matched., I really love Essentials of Business Communication for my students. I'm always alarmed at how poor their grammar and writing skills are, and this is one of the few books that addresses those skills effectively., As an experienced instructor teaching business communication for the first time, I want to praise the layout and clear instructions provided for Essentials of Business Communication. Getting to know a textbook usually takes a lot of time, but I read the Instructors Manual, and it helped me prepare quickly for my class and get me up to speedwithout having to spend valuable time learning how to present the material. The how-toinstructions for EBC gave me a comfort level that would otherwise have taken several semesters., "As an experienced instructor teaching business communication for the first time, I want to praise the layout and clear instructions provided for Essentials of Business Communication. Getting to know a textbook usually takes a lot of time, but I read the Instructor's Manual, and it helped me prepare quickly for my class and get me up to speed--without having to spend valuable time learning how to present the material. The "how-to" instructions for EBC gave me a comfort level that would otherwise have taken several semesters.", One year I decided to try a business communication textbook from another publisher, but I immediately returned to the Guffey text this year. The quality of the content and support resources for Essentials just cant be matched., I really love Essentials of Business Communication for my students. Im always alarmed at how poor their grammar and writing skills are, and this is one of the few books that addresses those skills effectively.
Table of Content
Part 1: BUSINESS COMMUNICATION IN THE DIGITAL AGE.1. Succeeding in the Social and Mobile Workplace.Part 2: THE WRITING PROCESS IN THE INFORMATION AGE.2. Planning Business Messages.3. Organizing and Drafting Business Messages.4. Revising Business Messages.Part 3: CONTEMPORARY WORKPLACE COMMUNICATION.5. Short Workplace Messages and Digital Media.6. Positive and Neutral Messages.7. Negative Messages.8. Persuasive Messages.Part 4: BUSINESS REPORTS AND PROPOSALS -- BEST PRACTICES.9. Informal Reports.10. Proposals and Formal Reports.Part 5: PROFESSIONALISM, TEAMWORK, MEETINGS, AND SPEAKING SKILLS.11. Professionalism at Work: Business Etiquette, Ethics, Teamwork, and Meetings.12. Business Presentations.Part 6: EMPLOYMENT COMMUNICATION TODAY.13. The Job Search, Résumés, and Cover Messages.14. Interviewing and Following Up.Appendix A: Message Formats.Appendix B: Documentation Formats.Appendix C: Correction Symbols and Proofreading Marks.Appendix D: Grammar/Mechanics Handbook [Including Confusing Words and 160 Frequently Misspelled Words].Glossary (Available only within MindTap).Index.
Copyright Date
Target Audience
College Audience
Topic
Business Communication / General, Business Writing
Lccn
2017-952176
Dewey Decimal
808/.06665
Dewey Edition
Illustrated
Yes
Genre
Business & Economics

This textbook, titled "Essentials of Business Communication," is an excellent resource for anyone looking to improve their communication skills in the business world. Written by Mary Ellen Guffey and Dana Loewy, this revised edition was published by Cengage South-Western in 2018 as part of the Mindtap Course List Ser. series.

The trade paperback format of this textbook is 10.9 inches in length, 8.5 inches in width, and 0.9 inches in height, with a weight of 43.3 oz. It is in English language and has 608 pages. This textbook covers all the essential topics related to communication in business, including effective writing, presentations, and interpersonal communication. It is a must-read for anyone looking to excel in the business world.

Most relevant reviews
See all 2 reviews

by angmy-4
    Mar 22, 2022
    The title says it all, all you will need to get you started in the business world.
    Great book, very detailed with great examples. I will use it in the business world, worth buying.

Verified purchase: YesCondition: Pre-OwnedSold by: jdwco18
    by upmapj
    Aug 24, 2019
    Fast
    Just in time for the new semester. Thank you!

Verified purchase: YesCondition: Pre-OwnedSold by: topcash4books1

Buy item