The purpose of this website is to be a place for learning and discussion. The website and each tutorial topics do not encourage anyone to participate in trading or investment of any kind.
Any information shown in any part of this website do not promise any movement, gains, or profit for any trader or non-trader.

Author Topic: 回应“裸照门”,贝佐斯自创新词?  (Read 968 times)

SuHaiJack

• View Profile
on: February 13, 2019, 06:02:04 AM
回应“裸照门”,贝佐斯自创新词?

AMY CHANG CHIEN2019-02-12 18:03:321月28日,《国家问询》刊出私人短信和狗仔队照片,以贝佐斯的婚外情大做文章。
 关键字:complexifier 令事情变得复杂起来全球首富、亚马逊创始人杰夫·贝佐斯(Jeff Bezos)近日丑闻频传。他与妻子协议离婚,后被小报踢爆婚外情,甚至被威胁要公开其私密照。上周,他发布长文指控八卦小报《国民问询》的母公司美国媒体公司敲诈和勒索,他在声明中使用的一个词——complexifier却意外成为了话题焦点。贝佐斯在文中除了正面迎击他所谓的“敲诈”与“勒索”,更暗示自己拥有的《华盛顿邮报》对卡舒吉案的报道可能加剧他与特朗普之间的紧张关系。让我们来看看贝佐斯是如何使用这个词的:“我拥有《华盛顿邮报》,对我来说这让事情变得更复杂了。有些有权势的人被邮报报道过后,会误把我当作是他们的敌人,这是很难避免的。”“My ownership of the Washington Post is a complexifier for me. It's unavoidable that certain powerful people who experience Washington Post news coverage will wrongly conclude I am their enemy.”“尽管邮报对我来说是一个复杂的因素,但我对我的投资一点也不后悔。”“Even though The Post is a complexifier for me, I do not at all regret my investment.”许多人对贝佐斯连用两次这个看起来像是自创词的词汇感到不解。时报经济版块编辑凯文·格兰维尔(Kevin Granville)撰文指出:贝佐斯出生在新墨西哥、在德州长大,在普林斯顿大学求学。要形容事情变得复杂起来,他本该有很多词汇可以选择,但为什么是complexifier?时报专栏作者莫琳·多德(Maureen Dowd)也表示:“贝佐斯创造了今年的年度词汇”。Complexifier是个英文词吗?事实上,它是个法文词。根据在线Larousse词典,complexifier意味着让事情变得更复杂。根据vocabulary.com网站,complexifier是一个“在大多数英语词典中都没有出现的复合词”,但人们可以用它来表示“一个复杂的因素”;当一个人试图总结“让事情变得非常复杂的事情”的念头时,可能会使用这个口语的词汇。你认为贝佐斯正陷入越来越复杂的风暴中吗?你认为他拥有《华盛顿邮报》是个complexifier吗?欢迎来信与我们分享你的观点,也欢迎对“每日一词”这个栏目提出意见和建议。我们的读者信箱地址是:cn.letters@nytimes.com

Source: 回应“裸照门”,贝佐斯自创新词?

Related Topics

Subject / Started by Replies Last post
0 Replies
Last post February 13, 2019, 12:04:03 PM
by SuHaiJack

-

Discussion Forum / 论坛 / منتدى للنقاش/ Diễn đàn thảo luận/

-
Disclaimer : The purpose of this website is to be a place for learning and discussion. The website and each tutorial topics do not encourage anyone to participate in trading or investment of any kind. Any information shown in any part of this website do not promise any movement, gains, or profit for any trader or non-trader.

By viewing any material or using the information within this site, you agree that it is general educational material whether it is about learning trading online or not and you will not hold anybody responsible for loss or damages resulting from the content provided here. It doesn't matter if this website contain a materials related to any trading. Investing in financial product is subject to market risk. Financial products, such as stock, forex, commodity, and cryptocurrency, are known to be very speculative and any investment or something related in them should done carefully, desirably with a good personal risk management.

Prices movement in the past and past performance of certain traders are by no means an assurance of future performance or any stock, forex, commodity, or cryptocurrency market movement. This website is for informative and discussion purpose in this website only. Whether newbie in trading, part-time traders, or full time traders. No one here can makes no warranties or guarantees in respect of the content, whether it is about the trading or not. Discussion content reflects the views of individual people only. The website bears no responsibility for the accuracy of forum member’s comments whether about learning forex online or not and will bear no responsibility or legal liability for discussion postings.

Any tutorial, opinions and comments presented on this website do not represent the opinions on who should buy, sell or hold particular investments, stock, forex currency pairs, commodity, or any products or courses. Everyone should conduct their own independent research before making any decision.

The publications herein do not take into account the investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs of any particular person. You should obtain individual trading advice based on your own particular circumstances before making an investment decision on the basis of information about trading and other matter on this website.

As a user, you should agree, through acceptance of these terms and conditions, that you should not use this forum to post any content which is abusive, vulgar, hateful, and harassing to any traders and non-traders.